Error in validator, missing starting <body> tag passes the validation process

From: Julio Meca Hansen <julio@refineriaweb.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 14:12:39 +0200
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Hi,

I’ve discovered what I think it’s an error in the HTML5 validator. Omitting
the starting <body> tag makes a web page (using the direct input validator)
go valid.

Here’s the sample HTML5 code I used to test the error:

<!DOCTYPE html>

    <head>

        <title>Prueba: selectores!</title>

    </head>

        <form name="form1">

            <select name="selector1">

                <option value="a">A</option>

                <option value="b">B</option>

                <option value="c">C</option>

                <optgroup label="grupo1">

                    <option value="d">D</option>

                    <option value="e">E</option>

                </optgroup>

                <optgroup label="grupo2">

                    <option value="f">F</option>

                </optgroup>

            </select>

        </form>

In order to reproduce the error, paste this code and click on the validate
button. After you’ve passed the test, just delete the line containing the

NOTE: Whenever possible, give the address of the document you were checking.