Re: Add Subject Here Can not validate my website

Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

> 2012-09-17 20:45, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

>> Now we have a real horror : what are <input> elements doing in the head
>> of the document ?
>
> Nothing, really. Browsers ignore them, as they are not within any <form>
> element. In HTML parsing, an <input> element implicitly closes an open
> <head> element,

Agreed : but the very next line indicates that no such closure
was intended :

<title>Main Page - Cell Phone Info. Store</title>

>>> <script type="text/javascript">
>>> </script>
>>
>> and an empty <script> element achieves nothing.
>
> Neither does it constitute a markup error.

I hope I did not suggest that it did.  But its presence, and the
presence of <input> elements at a point where they are not allowed [1]
surely indicates that the person writing "My  page doesn't validate,
and I don't know why, How do I resolve that issue ?" is not familiar
with some of the most basic rules of HTML markup, which is why
I answered in terms of self-education rather than simply pointing
out how to correct the errors [2].

Philip Taylor
--------
[1] I would argue that whether or not browers ignore them is
     irrelevant here : this is a question about validation, not
     about error handling in the real world.
[2] "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day; teach a man to fish,
     feed him for the rest of his life."