Re: Add Subject Here Can not validate my website

2012-09-17 20:45, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

>> <http://jbtechnologyinfo.com>
>
> I think you probably need to do some background reading : just the
> first ten lines indicate that it has been coded without any real
> understanding of the structure of a valid (X)HTML document --

The comments in the code suggest that it has been emitted by various
authoring tools. I cannot tell whether the problems have been caused by
flaws in such software, by wrong use of the software, or by code
injected by an author in "raw mode" (HTML mode). Anyway, the problems
are not as serious as they may look like.

> Now we have a real horror : what are <input> elements doing in the head
> of the document ?

Nothing, really. Browsers ignore them, as they are not within any <form>
element. In HTML parsing, an <input> element implicitly closes an open
<head> element, but in XHTML parsing, no implicit closing is allowed.
Anyway, removing those <input> elements reduces the error messages to
just 9, which is rather manageable.

>> <script type="text/javascript">
>> </script>
>
> and an empty <script> element achieves nothing.

Neither does it constitute a markup error.

Yucca