Re: [VE][127] Validator offers values for 'type' attribute, but missing one is 'alt'

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 17:09:02 +0900
To: Basil Peace <grv87@yandex.ru>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Basil Peace <grv87@yandex.ru>, 2012-05-26 00:34 +0400:

> Also, I want to note that text/javascript is obsolete for already a couple
> of years, since RFC4329.

It's not obsolete in practice. It's the value used by the current HTML spec:

  http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/infrastructure.html#dependencies

See the part that reads, "The MIME type used to refer to JavaScript in this
specification is text/javascript, since that is the most commonly used
type, despite it being an officially obsoleted type according to RFC 4329."

> If validator offers value for type attribute, it should offer
> application/javascript.

That wouldn't be very helpful real-world guidance, since "text/javascript"
is still what's far more commonly used in practice.

  --Mike