Re: Ampersand Errors

From: Etienne Miret <etienne.miret@ens-lyon.org>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 18:20:18 +0200
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: Mervyn Waine <petraandcarly@me.com>
Hello Petra,

The ampersand is a special character in HTML, just like ‘<’ and ‘>’. So when you need to have a plain ampersand in your page you need to write “&amp;”.

For example, in your site homepage, on line 197, you put:

You probably meant:

Note that since the character entities “&keyWords;”, “&x;”, “&y;”, “&sitesearch;” and “&q;” don’t exist, most browser and search engines will assume that you meant to use a plain ampersand instead of including entities, and thus, the link will usually work. But it won’t validate.

Regards,

Le 26 mai 2012 เ 17:48, Mervyn Waine a ้crit :

--
Etienne Miret