Re: Element style is missing required attribute scoped, but scoped is a boolean attribute

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 21:18:19 +0300
To: www-validator@w3.org
2012-07-26 22:10, James Glasgow wrote:

> Then why when I add the scoped attribute does the validator say: The
> scoped attribute on the style element is not supported by browsers yet.
> It would probably be better to wait for implementations

Because the “validator” is, in HTML5 mode, a heuristic checker,
reflecting the opinions of its authors at the time of writing its code,
not objective criteria.

The scoped attribute is unimplemented indeed, and a bad idea. But this
is just my subjective view (though better than the idea of waiting for
implementations).

Yucca