Re: Probelms with Persits

2012-02-05 23:55, Jens R. Rasmussen wrote:

> I have a page http://www.vinvenner.dk/adm16.asp which is validated
> positively, no errors found.

No,
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vinvenner.dk%2Fadm16.asp
fails to run validation, because the www.vinvenner.dk server responds
with 500 Internal Server Error.

If I copy and paste the content as received by a browser, the validator
reports 19 errors.

> When I include an upload from Persists however I get 19 “meaningless”
> error messages.

Apparently you have now modified http://www.vinvenner.dk/adm16.asp from
the content that gave no validation errors.

The validation errors are caused by the presence of the <div
id="indholdbar"> element (or, rather, start of it - it lacks an end
tag). The element contains legacy HTML markup that does not conform to
the declared document type XHTML 1.0 Strict. The document ends with that
partial element, causing further validation errors (lack of </body> and

Either modify the generation of <div id="indholdbar"> so that the result
conforms to XHTML 1.0, or change the overall markup (including the
DOCTYPE) to HTML 4.01 Transitional.

Yucca