Re: invalidate document

Thom Dickey wrote:

> I did a check of amplegreen.org and had the html tidy turned on to
> show me the correct code. I copied this code into a fresh file and
> saved it as index.php

That would make sense only if your index.php does not make any use of PHP.

> then tried testing it by upload through the
> online test but it says that it is not a document that is supported.
> How is this possible? What did I do wrong?

I'm not sure what that means, but in any case, processing a document with
HTML Tidy does _not_ fix the syntax errors you have in a purported HTML5
document, in general. Some of its actions may remove some problems, but as a
whole, it was not designed for such use.

Disclaimer: I'm not a big fan of HTML Tidy. I don't like software that
converts pretty understandable presentational markup to <span> and <div>
elements with computer-generated, meaningless class names and associated
style sheets. I'd rather convert an HTML 4.01 Transitional document to an
HTML 4.01 Strict (or even HTML5) document by hand than by first running it
through HTML Tidy and then trying to fix the mess.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/