Re: Can Open Graph Protocol be validated by W3C Markup Validation Service ?

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 13:21:07 +0000
To: "Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd)" <P.Taylor@rhul.ac.uk>
Cc: Fred Marka <fredmarka@hotmail.com>, www-validator@w3.org
On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd)
<P.Taylor@rhul.ac.uk> wrote:
>> RDFa needed a way to specify the property designated by arbitrary
>> elements. Overloading @name would not have been realistic, since @name
>> already has different meanings on different elements (e.g. as a
>> fragment identifier, as a form submission key).
>
> Oh, I thought that was addressed/solved by the attribute "scheme";
> is that not the case ?

Not really. @scheme disambiguates names in meta @name (RDFa
tries to solve the same problem with CURIEs, prefixing, namespacing).
But @scheme cannot distinguish between utterly different meanings of
@name itself: it only applies to one of those meanings.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis