Document cannot be checked because of invalid character

From: Arthur Lee <art@firzt.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 14:23:47 +0800
To: www-validator@w3.org

Sometimes there is included a non utf-8 character , or some other type
that the validator cannot read.
It gives the line number, but will not show the source.

Since my code usually contains a number of php "includes",  the line
number is not helpful in finding the invalid character,  in which case,
I wish the validator also showed the source code.

thanks.