Re: [VE][70] Add Subject Here

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:48:49 +0200
To: Johnny Bruner <johnny@vanityhalston.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Validator could probably have offered more pedagogical explanations,
such as pointing to the cause of the problem rather than pointing to
the result.

But the cause is the <div id="content"> tag - you have not closed it.
Therefore Validator considers that everything after that start tag as
inside the element initiated by that start tag. Thus, even though the
semantics of </body> and </html> is that they close the file, you - by
not offering the end tag for <div id="content"> - hinders them from
playing their role.

Leif

Johnny Bruner, Sat, 18 Sep 2010 19:00:49 -0500: