Re: Validating - bug ?

From: Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 23:24:45 +0100
To: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
CC: W3C Validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>

David Dorward wrote:
> On 18 Oct 2010, at 23:08, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
>> David Dorward wrote:
>>
>>> Personally, I'd avoid ASP.NET, especially web forms (which I think are the cause of this problem).
>>
>> May I ask why ?
>
> Because I keep seeing people having this problem.
 > Everything I've heard suggests that it is a system
 > that you have to fight for control over your markup.

Well, I made a foray into ASP.NET (and C#, at the same time)
for the first time ever recently, and the only problem I
experienced was persuading the compiler to accept my input
as UTF-8 and not ASCII; once I discovered the necessity
for the BOM, I had no other problems.  Below is a link to the
result, which is clearly a work in progress yet which also
demonstrates that one can write valid dynamic web forms in
C# using the ASP.NET infrastructure :

	http://web-consultants.org.uk/sites/porphyrogenitus/Autograph-MSS-V2.3.aspx

Philip Taylor