RE: Validating - bug ?

From: Tatham Oddie <tatham@oddie.com.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 18:20:08 -0400
To: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>, "Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd)" <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
CC: W3C Validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>
Hi David,

I'm a 100% ASP.NET person *and* a standards advocate.

I present regularly on this topic to ASP.NET developers. Here's a recording of one of my talks, "Building Great Standards-Based Websites for the Big Wide World with Microsoft ASP.NET 4": http://live.visitmix.com/MIX10/Sessions/EX20

If you have people working on ASP.NET and having issues with standards, point them in the direction of that talk or feel free to forward any queries/issues to me. I'm more than happy to assist *anyone* in producing a standards compliant experience with ASP.NET.

Finally, you should be aware that ASP.NET now comes in two flavours - ASP.NET Web Forms and ASP.NET MVC. The latter gives developers 100% control over the markup and the messaging and training around it come with a standards angle.

-- Tatham