Re: Validating - bug ?

On 18 Oct 2010, at 00:19, Sebastian Ostrycharczyk wrote:
> I am validating http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fnetsh.pl%2Fshirosystems%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.1    www.netsh.pl
>
> Ok, i have not passed the validation, but the strange thing is, that I can't find code which gave me validator.

Your ASP.NET is outputting different code depending on the User-Agent HTTP header.

I seem to recall an xhtmlConformance configuration paramater that lets you force it to output modern-ish code. Personally, I'd avoid ASP.NET, especially web forms (which I think are the cause of this problem).

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk