Re: X-UA-Compatible http-equiv on meta should be recognized by the HTML5 Conformance Checker

On 18 Nov 2010, at 11:13, David Dorward wrote:

> On 17 Nov 2010, at 15:44, John Anderson wrote:
>> Bad value X-UA-Compatible for attribute http-equiv on element meta.
>>
>> This is a vital portion of the spec and should be expected by the validator..
>
> The spec lists the allowed values at http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/semantics.html#attr-meta-http-equiv — X-UA-Compatible isn't one of them.
>
> If you want to raise this, you should do with with the HTML Working Group, not the validator team.

At this point, we should declare the HTML5 spec bogus, until someone there
notices what "http-equiv" is (or was) supposed to mean.

HTTP is clear on the blanket acceptability of X-anything extension headers.

--
Nick Kew