HTML5 validation message

From: Thomas Gambet <tgambet@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 08:53:36 -0500
To: www-validator <www-validator@w3.org>
CC: philipj@opera.com
Hi,

I'm forwarding the following message that was posted on Unicorn's track:

[[
When a HTML5 page validates[1] without errors there's a message that
says "This means that the resource in question identified itself as
"HTML5" and that we successfully performed a formal validation using an
SGML, HTML5 and/or XML Parser(s) (depending on the markup language used)."

Surely this cannot be true, as HTML5 has no SGML serialization, and the
switch between HTML and XML parser depends on the MIME type, not "the
markup language used".

In other words, either this text is wrong, or the validator is actually
doing it wrong.

[1]
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Ffoolip.org%2Fmicrodatajs%2Flive%2F
]]