Re: HTML OK in <mtext> but not in <annotation-xml>, etc. [was: HTML5 with MathML has problem with numerical attrubute values]

From: Joe Java <cop3252@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 05:33:03 -0700 (PDT)
To: "Michael\(tm\) Smith" <mike@w3.org>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Hello Mike

> The document-conformance rules for where HTML elements are
> allowed
> to occur in MathML-in-HTML content are currently not
> specified;
> but they will eventually be added to the HTML5 spec. I
> think the
> rules will at a minimum allow HTML “phrasing content”
> elements
> within the MathML <mtext> element, so that is what I
> have
> experimentally implemented on  http://qa-dev.w3.org:8888/ for now.

  Will this be in the next update to the W3C validator?

I really like this change and it greatly simplifies adding
non MathML elements to MathML equations.  The old way of using
the "semantics' tag with annotations was technically invalid.

I know it is not 'official' yet, but can I assume that using
the 'mtext' tag to insert non-MathML elements is/will become kosher?

   Joe