Re: HTML5 with MathML has problem with numerical attrubute values

From: Joe Java <cop3252@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 23:02:37 -0700 (PDT)
To: "Michael\(tm\) Smith" <mike@w3.org>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Hello Mike

> I will take a look at all of them and see where the
> problems are.
> Off the top of my head, I'd say that one reason for the
> difference
> might be that when you check the corresponding content as
> 1.1 plus MathML 2.0 with the W3C Markup Validator, there
> are some
> things that's not checking but that the validator.nu
> backend at
> http://qa-dev.w3.org:8888/ is checking. In particular,
> the
> validator.nu backend is doing some datatype checking on
> attribute
> values which I suspect the (DTD-based)
> XHTML-1.1-plus-MathML-2.0
> is not doing.
> Anyway, I will take a look at all the errors today and see
> what I find.
Thank you for the changes you made to the validator.nu backend at

I think everything is working correctly with the validator now.

I got all the pages to compile OK except for

All the other pages required changes in them to compile cleanly.

The two pages that do not validate use the "semanatic" tag in a
non-validating manner.  The validator correctly points out the
incorrect use of the tag and a careful reading of the MathML specs
confirms the validators results.

I know of no errors in the validator at http://qa-dev.w3.org:8888/
with regard to HTML5 and MathML.

The production W3C validator should be updated with these changes.