Re: Check existence of class names

OK, I think if we agree that a web page is in
fact the sum of its parts (HTML, CSS, JavaScript,
<whatever>), then it is perfectly reasonable to
hope for (or even write) a tool that checks
the entire ensemble for consistency.  That said,
I don't know of any such tool as of now, nor
would I have a great deal of hope that the developers
of the HTML & CSS validators might merge their
efforts in the near future.  Even harder would
to allow scripting into the equation, since if
scripting were considered relevant one would not
even have a set of static documents to compare
(and therefore the results of the comparisons
could vary with the phase of the moon, or with
any other non-controllable variable).  But at
least we now both agree on what it is you are
seeking : I am just (perhaps) less hopeful than
you that such a tool will shortly be available.

** Phil.
--------