html 5 video code

From: <support@muralsandfauxpainting.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:00:58 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org
To whom it may concern,

I was curious about switching my xhtml coded site to html5.  Is this
recommended by you now?  What about video code - if the code is
incorrect, will it prevent an embedded video off of YouTube to play?
I read a article on Mac forum that certain websites have html5 video
to work with iPad and when I checked their source, I saw that they
are flash videos which the iPad is not supposed to be able to play.
So is it because they were coded with html5?  I am confused about
this and would appreciate any clarification by you.  I finally, by
the grace of Jesus, was able to validated a few of my pages on my
site and now I have to switch but don't want to do that if it isn't
necessary.  Help, please.

God bless you,
Sandy Silva
Murals and Faux Painting, Inc.