Re: Message about "face" in HTML 3.2 document

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:54:02 +0300
To: www-validator@w3.org
On Monday 31 August 2009, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

> Attribute "foo" is not a valid attribute. Did you mean "onkeydown" or
> "nohref"?
>
> I could not have imagined that they invented something _that_ absurd in
> trying to make the misguided heuristics "smarter".

This is nothing new nor intentional.  I'm fairly certain you knew that and
just wanted to insult someone.  I don't know what you're trying to accomplish
with that; just reporting the issues is much more productive, and I think you
know that too.

However, this reproducer and the others in your message I'm snipping here are
good in the sense that they are the first ones I've seen that don't seem
sanely fixable with the current implementation, so I'll look into ripping the
feature out for the next validator version.