Re: Most frequently encountered invalid elements/attributes

On 3/16/09, Brian Wilson <bloo@blooberry.com> wrote:

> The main validation errors that MAMA encountered in its last crawl
> were error 76 (element not defined) and 108 (no attribute X). The way
> I set up MAMA's storage last time, it didn't save the arguments for
> individual error messages. Since 76 and 108 were the most popular, it
> was interesting (especially for Olivier and company) to try and find
> out this time what elements and attributes were generating the most
> errors.

Very cool.. Indubitably on the "attribute X".. For those websites I've
validated then forwarded the information to webmasters/webmistresses,
this is the one I run into most often, too.. Deprecated attributes on
tables are where it seems like I see it most often..

Following next behind the above, this Keyboard most often encounters
raw ampersands, script missing type "text/javascript", and improperly
closed [elements] with respect to the document type used..

Thinking out loud as I'm moving on to the next email in my inbox ::
Awesome would be the ability to deprecate the most often expressed
response to highlighted errors which is: I can't do anything about it
because it's the advertiser/third party code I'm using (which most
often it indeed has *not* been).. :wink, grin:

Cyber hugs from Talking Rock..

Cindy Sue

- :: -
Olmstead Decision * 10 Years * June 22, 2009

http://claimid.com/Butterfly
Georgia Voices That Count, 2005
Talking Rock, GA, USA