Re: Validating SVG+RDF

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 15:15:43 +0200
Cc: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, www-validator@w3.org, www-rdf-validator@w3.org
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Hi,

On Mar 9, 2009, at 14:49, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> The tool you really want for validation of SVG+RDF is an nVDL
> dispatcher, combined with DTD+XMLSchema+RelaxNG(+Schematron)
> validation capabilities.

Using NVDL isn't the key thing. But the relevant thing is: What level
of checking would you like to perform on the RDF/XML data? RDFS
validation against a particular RDF Schema? Something else?

Note that RDF/XML inside XHTML5 <head> is not an error, but there's a
warning that no real checking in performed on the RDF/XML subtree.
That RDF/XML doesn't work the same way in <metadata> is a bug.

> IIRC Henri's validator.nu has such capabilities - although I don't
> know how difficult it would be to check RDF with that engine -.

In theory, one could feed Jena from the SAX events.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi