Re: Validate pages while navigating

Justin M. wrote:
> I thought about a Google-like presentation when we search for an
> image : a frame at the top, containning a summary of the validate
> result, and the page itself (or the contrary, because it may be
> easier to include the source page in the validator than to include
> the validator in the client site).

This is impossible to do in the normal context of the WWW, since
security prevents a script running in one frame from accessing the URL
of a page in another frame if that page exists on a different domain.

It is possible with browser plugins, but if you are going to start down
that route, you might as well build a validator into the plugin itself,
since that would be more efficient.

http://users.skynet.be/mgueury/mozilla/ for example.

(Please direct responses to the www-validator mailing list, and not
directly to me)

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>