Re: Validate pages while navigating

From: Michael Adams <linux_mike@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 07:55:09 +1300
To: www-validator@w3.org
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 16:55:39 +0100
Came this utterance formulated by Justin M. to my mailbox:

> Hello everybody,
> I may have an idea which could be interesting for all the
> webdesigners/webdevelopers, and I would present it to you all.
> The W3 validator works page by page, which is totally normal because
> several pages cannot be validated at the same time. But when we have
> validated one, we have to switch to our site, navigate towards an
> other page, copy and paste its address, and validate. No really
> difficult that is right, but I think it could be great to keep the
> ability to navigate AND to validate the current page. I thought about
> a Google-like presentation when we search for an image : a frame at
> the top, containning a summary of the validate result, and the page
> itself (or the contrary, because it may be easier to include the
> source page in the validator than to include the validator in the
> client site). The complete report will be viewable by clicking a link,
> which brings to the result page like today :
> "http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=" + referer. I do not really know
> if it simple to develop or not, actually that is just an idea! May be
> there are problems of interaction between the two websites...

This would increase the load on the online validator. Instead i suggest
using the validation built into other tools like the web developer
extension for firefox:
This works faster because it validates (X)HTML, CSS and JavaScript while
the page is loading up, on your computer as opposed to online.

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416