Re: It isn't is it?.. oh! It is! .. but it isn't ... but it really is !... crap ... W3C computer says no .....

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:33:02 +0100 (BST)
To: "Sean" <sean@mediamice.net>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Sean wrote:
> Sorry for the confusing header but that is the same confusion I have with
> your validator.
> My code is not correctly validated (it validates) because my feed appears
> to be in utf-8 but  my server is reporting utf-8.

If I understand you correctly:

* Your feed is marked internally as UTF-8
* Your server is sending a Content-Type that also marks it as UTF-8
* The Feed Validator claims that the server is sending different encoding

It's really hard to determine exactly what is going on without having a
URL to test it with. If you provide that (to the mailing list please, not
directly to me) then it would be easier to identify exactly what is going

David Dorward