utf8 validator confusion

From: Sean <sean@mediamice.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:11:17 +0100
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Hi In reply to email from, David Dorward and Peter Krantz

My rss validation is passing the W3C validation,

But I have this confusing statement.

My encoding is UTF-8 but My Server is showing as UTF-8.

I am not sure what this means.

Also if characters are used then it fails validation. Eg This “ type of
“character” , or 50, or ?.

When placed in the title, and is highlighted as red if placed in the

The link to the feed is

Kind regards,

Phone:   01668 213 344

Mobile:  07538 038 463

Web:     www.mediamice.net

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the individual
or company which is contained in the body of this email.

It may contain information that is non-public, exclusive, privileged and is
confidential, so it is exempt from disclosure under all applicable UK laws.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are kindly notified that any use,
transmission, distribution, dissemination or copying of this communication
is not allowed.
immediately by telephone (01668 213 344) then delete this email message

Please accept our apologies in advance if you are receiving this message in

We at Media Mouse Ltd appreciate you acting in a proper manner regarding
such matters.

We Thank You Sincerely.

Media Mouse Ltd

(image/jpeg attachment: image001.jpg)