Re: checklink: Is it Possible to Enable mailto link validation?

From: Etienne Miret <elimerl@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 08:12:57 +0200
To: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des@des.no>
CC: www-validator@w3.org
Dag-Erling Smørgrav a écrit :
> Yet Postfix itself enables "delayed reject" by default, and has for over
> ten years:
Yes indeed. This means that in case the link checker use the technique I
suggested, it will be difficult to tell whether an address was rejected
because it doesn’t exist or because the link checker is blacklisted. I
had thought about that issue, but since there seems to be a consensus
about not checking email addresses, I didn’t spent time trying to solve it.

> Anyway, back on topic: do you also think the validator should check
> the target of every link in the document?
Well, this thread is about the link checker, not the markup validator.
And by the way, I didn’t said the link checker should check mailto
links, I only discussed about a mean for doing it after someone asked
for that feature.

Regards,

--
Etienne Miret