Re: checklink: Is it Possible to Enable mailto link validation?

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des@des.no>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 22:37:48 +0200
To: Etienne Miret <elimerl@gmail.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Etienne Miret <elimerl@gmail.com> writes:
> Since Dag-Erling Smørgrav doesn’t understand what I meant, I guess my
> phrasing is bad. Let me try to rephrase the end:
> > However, since this is how Postfix address verification works, I guess
> > this technique works quite well. See: [...]

Yet Postfix itself enables "delayed reject" by default, and has for over
ten years:

19990510
        [...]
        Feature: UCE restrictions are always delayed until RCPT
        TO, VRFY or ETRN. To change back to the default specify
        "smtpd_delay_reject = no" in /etc/postfix/main.cf.

Anyway, back on topic: do you also think the validator should check
the target of every link in the document?

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des@des.no