Re: checklink

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 21:12:35 +0000
To: oliviaheart <oliviaheartsyou@gmail.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org

oliviaheart wrote:

> Hi, sorry about that.
>
> A URL is: http://so-pink.org

I've done some prodding by constructing HTTP requests by hand using a
telnet client. I've come to the following conclusion:

Checklink uses the Library for Web Programming and so sends a user agent
header that includes the string "libwww-perl/5.805".

Your webserver claims that "An appropriate representation of the
requested resource / could not be found on this server." when that
string appears in the user agent header.

(Please direct responses to the www-validator mailing list, and not
directly to me. Thanks)

--
David Dorward                               <http://dorward.me.uk/>