Re: checklink: ideas for next version

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 13:29:11 -0500
Cc: "Ville Skyttä" <ville.skytta@iki.fi>, "www-validator@w3.org Community" <www-validator@w3.org>
To: "Brett Bieber" <brett.bieber@gmail.com>

Hi Brett,

Don't worry about having taken a break during the past few weeks,
quite a few of us have ;).

On 7-Jan-09, at 10:22 AM, Brett Bieber wrote:
> This 3 line patch just auto scrolls the progress section:
[snip]

Excellent! I didn't know about the scrollTop property before.

I've just committed a patch based on your code.

The two rather minor changes I made were:
* give each pre a specific id. Indeed, since the link checker can go
recursive, there may be several of those in a results page, and they
all have to have different id.
* spin off the scrolling fuction outside of show_progress(). I found
that to be a relatively easy way to keep the pre scrolling to the very
bottom without having to estimate the height of the text we'd add.

Patch here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator-cvs/2009Jan/0081.html

Test at:
http://qa-dev.w3.org/wlc/checklink?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fqa-dev.w3.org