Re: Checklink documentation - linking to Perl

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 23:29:59 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

On Thursday 01 January 2009, David Dorward wrote:
> Happy New Year everyone,

Ditto!

> I notice that the first step is "Install Perl" which links to
> http://www.perl.com/
>
> This isn't a very useful starting point for that task, what do you think
> about changing it to http://www.perl.org/get.html ?

I like it, done in CVS.  Also changed one www.perl.com link in validator docs
to point to www.perl.org instead - that's what Perl's docs refer to as Perl's
homepage.

Regarding the installation, we've tried for some time to make the link checker
installable with just "perl -MCPAN -e 'install W3C::LinkChecker'".  The
upcoming 4.4 release will hopefully finally make this work so things are
about to become easier.