Re: File upload problems

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 10:31:23 -0500
To: "William [Bill] Clelland" <WmRClelland@SigmaXi.net>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>

Hello William,

On 6-Feb-09, at 8:37 AM, William [Bill] Clelland wrote:
> HOWEVER, now I get errors on all my files, saying the file was
> treated as HTML 4.01 but there was no DOCTYPE.  If I paste in the
> markup to the direct input window, they all are perfect validation
> in XHTML 1.0 transitional.
> Circumstantial evidence says that SP3 is trashing the file upload
> worse than SP2, and this is with Firefox.

We had some intermittent issues with one of the validator.w3.org
servers, resulting in issues with "file upload" in particular. Could
you confirm whether the issue is still present now (which would indeed
mean that there is an issue with SP3 - at least for you) or whether
things work now?

Thanks,
--
olivier