Re: Message about "face" in HTML 3.2 document

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 14:58:23 +0100
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: sylvain.lavalley@laposte.net

On 28 Aug 2009, at 13:45, sylvain.lavalley@d2l-informatique.com wrote:

> This message isn't really useful and seems to say that "FACE" is
> incorrect and that "face"
>  is correct. It doesn't indicate that "face" is forbidden.

The error message is badly worded and is trying to give help with a
particular use case that some people new to XHTML encounter. When that
isn't the problem, it is simply confusing. I believe it has been made
smarter in the current development version <http://qa-dev.w3.org/wmvs/HEAD/
 >. I'd encourage you to try it and provide feedback to the mailing
list.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk