Re: Validation Errors - what do teh columns and lines refer too

On 26 Aug 2009, at 22:15, katie@deliverfreedom.com wrote:

> i am loving your service - I have learned a ton.  One thing that seems
> super basic, but I haven't been able to figure out in the FAQ and
> mailing
> list archieve is what the columns and lines reported with each error
> mean.

When viewing the source code (the code that the validator sees, not
the template before PHP processes it) the line is the number of lines
down from the top. The column is the number of characters in from the
left. All good text editors will be able to display the line and
column the cursor is currently at.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk