Re: Validation Errors - what do teh columns and lines refer too

From: Michael Adams <linux_mike@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 07:00:12 +1200
To: www-validator@w3.org
On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 17:15:14 -0400 (EDT)
Came this utterance formulated by katie@deliverfreedom.com to my

> i am loving your service - I have learned a ton.  One thing that seems
> super basic, but I haven't been able to figure out in the FAQ and
> mailing list archieve is what the columns and lines reported with each
> error mean.
> I am working off a word press template and don't see columns or lines
> listed anywhere.

> Example - Line 85, Column 8: document type does not allow element "br"
> here; assuming missing "li" start-tag

In the validator page there is an option under "More Options" to "Show

With this option ticked a full page listing showing the line numbers
appears at the bottom of the validator results page.

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416