Re: validator broken for http://www.google.co.uk/

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:58:34 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org
On 8 Aug 2009, at 12:53, Sam Mason wrote:

>  Error  Line 7, Column 741: Attribute "BGCOLOR" is not a valid
> attribute. Did you mean "bgcolor"?
>
> yet the code it highlights has a lowercase bgcolor:

This is a generic message applied to all unrecognised attributes on
the off chance that XHTML is being used and the attribute is in
uppercase.

It seems to be one of the most confusing messages, with numerous
queries to the mailing list about it.

Can we get it scrapped for the next release of the Validator please?

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk