Re: issues with target= and special characters

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 13:06:03 +0100
To: Sean Hecking <seanhecking@gmail.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org

Sean Hecking wrote:
> Validator is bringing up weird errors on my blog:
> /Line 379, Column 1744/: there is no attribute "target".
> http://blog.interactivecleveland.com
> Is this due to in-line javascript that Blogger generates?

Your raw HTML markup includes the "target" attribute, which is allowed
in some (X)HTML document types but disallowed in the XHTML 1.0 Strict
document type.

> How do I format blogger HTML correctly if this is the case?

Configure your software not to output "target" attributes or declare a
document type where "target" attributes are allowed.

Note this list is for validator-specific questions, not general
authoring questions.

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis