Re: 'XHTML + RDFa 1.0' validation?

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 23:29:00 -0500
Cc: "Dr. Olaf Hoffmann" <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>, www-validator@w3.org
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>

On 25-Nov-08, at 2:24 PM, Shane McCarron wrote:

> Weird that 1.2 does not have a DTD.... perhaps we should create one
> for them?

I think the SVG WG abandoned the idea that a DTD could be useful for
SVG a while ago, mostly because of how SVG can tend to be embedded in
other XML languages, and vice-versa. RNG, for instance, seem to be
more flexible in this regard than DTDs.

... not that I can claim to speak on the behalf of the SVG WG,
obviously. Anyone from the WG reading the list?

--
olivier