Invalid Bytes for Charset

From: Jeremy Meyers <jeremy.meyers@sonybmg.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 19:07:51 -0500
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

Hey-

When validating my website (www.softlord.com) I get an error

 Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because on line 1156  it
contained one or more bytes that I cannot interpret as utf-8  (in other
words, the bytes found are not valid values in the specified Character
Encoding). Please check both the content of the file and the character
encoding indication.

The error was: utf8 "\x80" does not map to Unicode

Would it be possible to have the validator still show the source that it is
checking if "show source" is checked, so that I might identify and remove
the offending characters?  Viewing the source via a web browser doesn't
necessarily leave me with exactly the same line that the validator is
looking at in the same position

Many thanks

-Jeremy