checklink: Checker stops in the middle of the check

From: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:37:42 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi all,

First of all, thanks a lot for the link checker and all the other
validation tools developed by and hosted at w3.org. These are really
valuable and helpful.

Now, to my problem: on one page I am trying to check, the checker stops
in the middle. The last two lines of output are:

Checking link http://www.xmms.org/
HEAD http://www.xmms.org/

Apparently www.xmms.org had problems these days. But given that the
whole point of the link checker is to detect that kind of problems,
shouldn't the checker continue processing the input after the failure
and produce the expected output?

To reproduce the problem:
http://validator.w3.org/checklink?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fkhali.linux-fr.org%2Fnews.html&hide_type=all&depth=&check=Check

Thanks,