Re: Centos 4 install for 0.8.3 validator

Hello Andrei,

On 30-Oct-08, at 6:52 AM, Andrei Doicin wrote:
> I am having a hard time installing the 0.8.3 validator on a 64 bit
> (x86_64) Centos 4 machine.The chain of dependencies has been extreme
> to say the least.

Sorry to hear that. The validator does depend on a number of libraries
and tools, and that can sometimes be a pain to install. Would you have
any suggestions to improve the istallation manual?

> It seems that the 2 most difficult items, at the end of the day, are
> HTML-Tidy, and the SGML-Parser-OpenSP. Is this a usual thing?

These two should actually not be too hard to install, provided you use
the CPAN tool which comes with perl, like:
perl -MCPAN -e 'install HTML::Tidy'
and
perl -MCPAN -e 'install SGML::Parser::OpenSP'

> Pls get me onto this mailing list so I can search the archives or
> get some ideas.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/ has links to
subscribe to the list. But you can also search the archives directly
there, even if not subscribed yet.

regards,
--
olivier