Re: checklink: Error: 406 not acceptable

From: Cindy Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 15:32:54 -0400
To: "Richard Porter" <ricp@minijem.plus.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Richard Porter <ricp@minijem.plus.com> wrote:

> I am now getting Error: 406 not acceptable when I try to check my
> links pages. What is the explanation for this?
>
> e.g. http://www.minimarcos.org.uk/links/marcos.html

Hi, Richard..

Tried to run it through from here.. I'm getting this now:

Error: 500 Can't connect to minimarcos.org.uk:80 (Bad hostname
'minimarcos.org.uk')

Oh, that was when I tried dropping the "www" in front of it because
that received the same error message initially..

Re your original error message received, I found this:

www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.4.7

Rather than me pick and choose from my own Net search (since I'm in
over my head here), maybe try searching on:

406 not acceptable server error

That's what gave me the W3C response.. If it (the server..?) gets back
up and running, let me know, and I'll be happy to at least give it a
shot again..

Peace and best wishes.. :)

Cindy Sue

- :: -