Re: "snapshot" XHTML DTD for all current modules?

In what way is citing a 2 year old incomplete working draft relevant to
this conversation?

The working group has recently moved to soften the requirements for
DOCTYPE declarations, but there are no approved RECs that do that.
Moreover, as Olivier points out, without a DOCTYPE user agents can get
confused.