Re: Content-Negotiation in check referer requests

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:56:11 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

Etienne Miret wrote:

> Why do you want them to see the same validation result, given that
> they don’t see the same document?

My pages are static documents, I didn't consider content negotiation
on the side of the server.  No matter what the UAs does, for static
documents I expect identical validation results, no strange magic on
the side of the validator...

> Comments on any of those patches are welcomed.

...if you are confident that they work as expected for static pages
the proposal is fine, it just didn't occur to me that you're talking
about content negotiation with the server, sorry.

 Frank