Content-Negotiation in check referer requests

From: Etienne Miret <etienne.miret@ens-lyon.fr>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 22:55:23 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

Several people have been complaining about the lack of
Content-Negotiation on the W3C validator. Notably

I don’t want to argue those issue, since a decision has now been taken.
However, I want to raise the issue of
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer links available on many web
pages. When hitting such a link, a user usually wants to validate the
page he or she is actually viewing. Hence, I think that IN THIS CASE the
validator should copy all accept headers from the client (well, at leas
Accept: and Accept-Language:).

What do you think about this ?

Etienne Miret
Ne m'envoyez pas de fichier Word SVP, je ne peux pas les lire !
Don't send me Word attachments please, I can't read them!