__VIEWSTATE enconding diferent from 1st message

From: Andre Kirchner <supercroc1974@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 15:46:27 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi all,

I'm not sure this is the right list to post it. If not, please let me know which would be the correct one :-)
I was tapping post messages sent by firefox, and notice that the first message has

__VIEWSTATE=0000WAUHA5F1L&RadMenu1=&RadToolbar1_Hidden0 ...

while the next messages have

Why the second message has a different "encoding" the the first one, and where in a http message is stated which one __VIEWSTATE is using? Is there a RFC about it? If so, which one?

Looking for last minute shopping deals?