Re: How can I make valid for 3W Marck up Validation

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:12:02 +0000
David Dorward wrote:

> On 23 Jan 2008, at 09:19, Joseph Plazo wrote:
> > Yes, I'm quite aware of that. I love it for its WYSIWG features as
> > well as the fact I've been using FP since 1998. I did try to create
> > a few subdomains at http://www.xtrememind.com using the latest
> > incarnation, MS ExpressionWeb. Guess what? The validator at http://
> > validator.w3.org/ points out an armada of errors. That's from a
> > 2007 product that didn't come cheap.
>
> Getting people to pay money for software of such quality is a
> demonstration of the effectiveness of the Microsoft marketing machine.
>
> > Dreamweaver churns out my pages with fewer glitches but this
> > software isn't as friendly.
> >
> > >Microsoft have a reputation for being unable to write software that
> > >generates standards compliant HTML.
> >
> > Hmmm... will there be any dramatic indexing problems on sites that
> > can't be fully w3c compliant?
>
> There could be, also rendering issues in browsers. When you ignore
> standards, you are entering the realm of error handling, and that is
> not all that well documented. You are also facing bloated markup and
> various other problems.
>
> > Thanks for the advice, unfortunately going back to text editors is
> > like me going back to Lotus 1-2-3 or MS DOS v5.0. It's not WYSIWYG.
>
> HTML is a language about describing meaning not appearance, WYSIWYG
> isn't an appropriate metaphor for it.
>
> I know a large number of professional web developers. I think a grand
> total of three of them use Dreamweaver - and they don't use the
> design view. (And no other editor with a so called WYSIWYG mode gets
> a look in).

The web is "What They Get Is What You Mean" if you do it right.

> > Kindly point out graphically dazzling and wonderfully easy html
> > editors that churn out compliant html and I'll be forever a good
> > friend of your.
>

> They don't exist.

I must admit WYMEditor looks promising. But i am looking at it from a
CMS POV.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416