Re: Batch Job Processing [Local Install]

Hi Shadi,

On Jan 9, 2008, at 22:06 , Shadi Almosri wrote:
> I already developed a script that sends the files one by one to the
> validator and parses the SOAP response into a format that i require.

You're pretty much all set then.

> My problem really was the fact that there was a noticeable decline
> in performance after a while, and i was just investigating if:
> a) the validtor had some sort of anti abuse protection that is on
> even in the local install (that i can switch off)

Not in the validator. For the public instance we sometimes use
throttling methods in apache, but unless you specifically set these
up, you shouldn't have them on. I'm surprised that you're seeing a
decline in performanc after a while. Monitoring the server load as you
feed it documents to validate may give you a hint as to what is
happening.

> b) if there was an easier way to send the jobs to the local
> validator, i.e. instead of sending one by one there was a command by
> which i can send a list of pages and it will validate them itself
> one by one and produce the SOAP file for me to then parse once all
> the validations are complete. (but i guess this is ambitious?)

Not at this point.

thanks
--
olivier