Re: HTML Validator HTTP Accept

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 06:24:59 +0000
To: "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>

Aristotelis Mikropoulos wrote:
> I think I don't do that.
> In PHP, $_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT'] includes only MIME Types the browser
> accepts, and not the ones the browser does not.

Incorrect - it contains the raw Accept header sent by the browser -
including q values, which can includes q=0 values (media types the
browser explicitly does not accept).

> Anyway, regarding the link you gave me

I think that was Andreas.

> about the protocol
> specification, I don't know how to use these qvalues in PHP. I don't
> know what headers should I send or check for.

The header is the Accept header - you're already checking it, but you
are ignoring the q values.

David Dorward                               <http://dorward.me.uk/>